Knitting4fun

Friday, May 11, 2007

Another Risk Update

Tomorrow we will of had Risk for a month. It really does seem hard to remember what it was like before he came to our house. He still thinks that he would like to escape from the yard and I am thinking it just may be they way he always will be. So, if we can't be paying close attention to him we have had to start keeping him on a tether. He doesn't seem to mind it so that is good, especially since he will need to be tied up at the trailer.

I know I have mentioned about how he has aggression towards other dogs, and it is seeming that it is more so when he is on his leash. The other day he squeezed out the tiniest space in our fence and away he went, down 3 doors to see if the golden labs were around I guess. Well the golden labs were around, and it just so happened they were in their backyard and their gate was open. The one lab barked at him and Risk just ran up and started sniffing him. I was shocked! But he got along really well with them until I picked him up and then he started barking.

Today one of my daycare dad's brought his dog over at pick up time. I had told him about how he just goes wild trying to get at other dogs. Anyways the dad just openned the backgate and let his dog in and Risk and her got along fine. They ran and ran around the backyard. Risk was barking at Sparky, but it wasn't that I am going to get you and eat you aggressive bark, but more like the, I am having fun, I have a new friend bark LOL!!!! I am so happy to know that his goal isn't to tear dogs apart and that we can trust him around other dogs! One day we might even get brave enough to take him to the dog park. Actually I would like to do that as soon as his recall improves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home