Knitting4fun

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Daycare

Right now daycare spaces are at such a premium. I have never had as long a waiting list as I have now. My phone just rings and rings and parents just sound so disappointed when you say, no I have no spaces sorry.

I had a couple of spaces open up and I got a call from a mother of 2 and she said she wanted the spaces. I told her that she would have to come for a visit, fill out the paperwork and put down a deposit to hold the spaces until her mat leave was over. She didn't come over and I didn't hear from her, so I call her back and she thinks they want the spaces. I told her that with spaces at such a premium I could not hold them for her if she only thought she was taking them. She said, I will take them then. Again I tell her that she needs to come over for a visit, fill out the paperwork and leave her deposit to hold the spaces. Hear nothing from her again. Today I phone her back asking when she was going to be coming over and she is humming and hawing and saying how she is so busy and maybe by the end of June....... I told her that I had a mom who had a little one that wanted in and she was prepared to come and visit right away, fill out the paperwork and leave the deposit so I was going to be calling her telling her she had the spot. The mom then just said, oh okay I will still take the other spot. She isn't sure which child she wants to leave here and still doesn't know when she can come for a visit. With my waiting list the way it is I don't think that there will be a spot waiting for her when she finally makes up her mind, if she ever makes up her mind.

1 Comments:

  • I think that is so crazy, when I was looking for rawley it was like, " oh , you have space available, can we come by today?". That's just weird that she doesnt' seem to care. I know that it is even worse there than here. She is going to end up out of luck. Hmm maybe that is what she is hoping for..lol

    By Blogger Tammy, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home