Knitting4fun

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Little of this and a little of that

Our camping season is starting to slowly come to an end. We will be pulling out the second last weekend in September as Gary is going to be golfing in Winnipeg on the last weekend. Also with hockey starting up, hockey will start to interfere with camping. It has been a really good summer there, lots of fun with friends, and lots of rest and relaxation. Have learnt that I do quite enjoy ceasars *S*. Last weekend the guys were all out and about doing other things and the girls just sat around and enjoyed ceasars and had fun!

Daycare is starting to gear up for back to school. I am going to be busy busy busy this year. My kids will include, Carter 11 wks, Ally 10 months, Devon 3 yrs, Matthew 3 yrs, Dayne 4 years, John 7 years and Joleen 9 years. Devon is a FAE child so he will keep me on my toes for sure. I got to meet him yesterday for the first time and he seems to be a really lovable child, just very very active.

Christmas knitting hasn't even really started yet! Yikes!!! I have a pr of socks finished for Joleen and am working on a sweater for Carter and that is it!!! Needles must get busy. Acutally the crafting has sort of been stalled a bit because of this sore shoulder virus thingy that is going around. In the beginning I had no idea what I had done to my shoulder, went for a massage and she worked and worked on it and it helped a wee bit for a day and then holy smokes! The pain when you moved a certain way could just about make you cry. Reaching was the all time worst. I then started hearing of others who had the same thing and have come to find out that it is a virus that is making it's way around. I have it as well as Gary, Auntie Shirley, one of my daycare mom's, Gary's boss, couple of people at the campground!

We still have trouble believing that Allan is really gone, it is just so hard to wrap your brain around. A couple of weekends ago his wife and his girls took his ashes to the mountains to sprinkle them. He loved the mountains and was always sad when a holiday would be coming to the end and he was going to have to leave them so seems the perfect place for his resting place. I am sure it was a very hard weekend for them.

At last, but not least our very exciting news. Ryan & Tammy have picked their wedding date, Aug 09/08! We are so happy for them! They have chosen to get married in Virden so it has been fun being able to 'scope' out things for them etc! They will be here a week before the wedding and I know we will so enjoy their visit. And of course Rawley will be with them and we love every minute we can spend with that little guy. Guess he isn't such a little guy he is a school boy!

We will also get to see the three of them at Christmas and are also excited about that. Having a little one around during the holidays is always so special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home